As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
More information about cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on to your terminal equipment (computer or mobile device) when you visit certain websites. At Hospital Supply HTA we may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons, device fingerprints, etc. For the sake of consistency, all these techniques combined will be hereafter referred to as “cookies”.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes:
Required cookies: In the first place, cookies can be required to make the website function properly. For example, without cookies, it would be difficult to make a website remember that you have logged in, or which products you have put in your shopping cart. These are called required cookies.
Analytics cookies: Cookies can also be used to analyze how a website is used, to count the number of visitors, to learn how the website may be improved. We do not link the website usage statistics and other reports to individual people. These cookies are called analytics cookies.
Social media cookies: Thirdly, social media cookies are used to enable integration of social media into the website, so that you can immediately like or share a page or product on your favorite social media service.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser
You may manage your cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. If you simply disable all cookies or all of our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website(s) will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies.
You may find further information on how to disable cookies or manage your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
About the types of cookies used on
Hospital Supply HTA websites:
- remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing
- remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedly
- passing on information from one page to the next, for instance, if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order
- storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.
- storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details
- reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen
- locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts
- loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible
- offering the option of storing your login status so that you don’t have to enter login details every time
- making it possible to place a reaction on our website
- optimizing our website in real time depending on how you use the website, e.g. by making a field in a form light up or blink after a period of inactivity
Cookies that enable us to measure website usage (analytics cookies). Our website may use analytics cookies for:
- keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages
- keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages
- determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website
- assessing which parts of our site need to be improved
- optimizing the website
- requesting your feedback on specific parts of our website
Social media cookies
Cookies for sharing the content of our website via social media (social media cookies).These cookies may make it possible for:
- logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly
These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. Hospital Supply HTA has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data. For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the data that they may collect, please refer to their own privacy and cookies policies. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the Social Media channels that are used the most by Hospital Supply HTA:
Cookies for displaying targeted advertisements and content (targeted advertising cookies).
In order to tailor information and advertising to your interest and relevance, we try to acquire an understanding of your likely interests on the basis of your visits and surfing behavior on the Hospital Supply HTA websites and other third-party websites.
Based on these interests, we develop a segmented profile and then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various advertising actions. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
Even if these cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests. These advertisements can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website.
You can compare this type of content-related Internet advertisements with advertising on television. If, say, you are watching a cookery programme on TV, you will often see an advertisement about cooking products during the advert breaks while this programme is on.
We may use targeted advertising cookies for:
- the websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interests
- a check to be run to see if you have clicked on an advertisement
- keeping track of how many visitors click on an advertisement
- information about your surfing behavior to be passed to other websites
- third-party services to be used to show you advertisements tailored to your needs, interests or preferences
- determining which advertisements, ad-technologies and ad-networks are most effective for us
- showing you advertisements about products you have previously clicked on, searched for or otherwise shown interest in (retargeting)
- keeping track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones
- more interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage
- submit questions or reviews about our products and, on the basis thereof, be presented with advertisements more likely to be of interest to you
- reviews submitted by you to be repurposed as product recommendations on other pages
- you to be connected with online authorized retailers, to be informed about price, availability and purchase conditions of the Hospital Supply HTA product of your interest and keep track of your purchase preferences
- determining which advertisements you clicked on, before performing a purchase on our website
- keeping track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement, as well as their monetary value
- you to receive direct marketing e-mails tailored to your interests (if you have opted-in to receive such e-mails) or direct marketing e-mails about similar products as those which you have already purchased (if you have not opted out of receiving such e-mails).
- matching multiple devices (e.g. phone, tablet, laptop) to a visitor so that it can be tracked if an ad on one device may have triggered an action (such as a purchase) on another device (known as ‘cross-device tracking’).
The new Cookies Policy will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised Policy, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Hospital Supply HTA websites.
By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Cookies Policy. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
If you have any further questions and/or comments, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Update: February 2018